Experienced San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer
Elements of Most Personal Injury Matters
- Prove that the person was careless or negligent
- The negligence caused the accident
- And the accident caused the injuries
- Statute of limitations – the time limit when you must bring a claim
What is Your Personal Injury Case Worth?
How much your personal injury case is worth depends on a number of factors, including:
- Severity of the injuries
- Amount of medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- How the injuries have affected your ability to work
- How the injuries have affected your lifestyle
- Your age
- Your future medical prognosis
- Any pre-existing injuries
How to Help Your Personal Injury Claim
- Document the facts of your injury
- Collect physical evidence and take photos
- Keep all your medical records and receipts
- Locate witnesses
Types of Personal Injury Matters
- Automobile Accidents – rear enders, fender benders, failure to yield, drunk drivers, car crashes, etc.
- Product Liability – defective or dangerous products that cause injuries
- Slip and Falls / Premises Liability – injury occurring on the property of another person or business
- Medical Malpractice – patient injured by a health care provider
- Construction Accidents – injured on a construction site either as an employee or worker
- Dog Bites / Animal Attacks – attacked by an animal with a vicious propensity
Personal Injury Time Limits
Like many cases there are time restraints put on when you must file your personal injury matter in Court. These time limits are called “statute of limitations” and each state has different ones. Consult with a local attorney if you are unsure of the statute of limitations in your area.
Do You Need an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney?
If you or a loved one have been injured, you should speak to an attorney immediately to learn more about preserving your rights and remedies.